C. M. "Hank" Hudspeth was the office manager of DeLange Hudspeth for over 40 years. After serving as an officer in the U.S. Navy for four years during World War II, he joined the firm in 1946. He is currently Of Counsel to the firm.
Mr. Hudspeth has been active in numerous professional organizations, and he is a former director and vice-president of the State Bar of Texas, and the former chair of the Real Estate, Probate and Trust Section of the State Bar of Texas.
Mr. Hudspeth is Trustee Emeritus of Rice University and is the past Vice-President and Trustee of the Brown Foundation, Inc. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of Stewart information Services Corp. and related Stewart companies.
He received his B.A. in 1940 from Rice University and his LL.B. (now J.D.) in 1946 from the University of Texas Law School. While in law school, Mr. Hudspeth was a member of the Order of the Coif and the Chancellors, and he was the note editor of the Texas Law Review. Upon graduation, he served for five semesters as assistant professor of law at the University of Texas.
- Texas, 1946
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- J.D. - 1946
- Honors: With Honors
- Honors: Order or the Coif; Class Grand Chancellor
- Rice University, Houston, TX
- B.A. - 1940
Honors and Awards
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Houston Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Alumni Gold Medal Award, Rice University
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, Real Estate, Probate and Trust Section, Chairman, 1965 - 1966
- Administration of Justice Committee, Chairman, 1969 - 1970
- The Brown Foundation, Inc., Trustee and Vice-President, 1983 - 1990
- Rice University, Trustee Emeritus
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, 1964 - 2002
- Phi Delta Phi