- Of Counsel
C. M. "Hank" Hudspeth (1919-2019). After serving in the Navy in World War II, Hudspeth joined his father-in-law, Albert DeLange, in 1946 to form the firm now known as DeLange Hudspeth McConnell & Tibbets. Mr. Hudspeth was the managing partner of the firm for over forty years and served as Of Counsel to the firm thereafter until his death.
During his career, Mr. Hudspeth was active in numerous professional organizations, including serving as director and vice-president of the State Bar of Texas, and the chair of the Real Estate, Probate, and Trust Section of the State Bar of Texas.
Mr. Hudspeth was Trustee Emeritus of Rice University and served as the Vice-President and Trustee of the Brown Foundation, Inc. He also served on the Board of Directors of Stewart information Services Corp. and related Stewart companies.
He received his B.A. in 1940 from Rice University and his LL.B. (now J.D.) in 1946 from the University of Texas Law School. While in law school, Mr. Hudspeth was a member of the Order of the Coif and the Chancellors, and he was the note editor of the Texas Law Review. Upon graduation, he served for five semesters as assistant professor of law at the University of Texas.
- Texas, 1946
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- J.D. - 00/1946
- Honors: With Honors
- Honors: Order or the Coif; Class Grand Chancellor
- Rice University, Houston, TX
- B.A. - 00/1940
Honors and Awards
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Houston Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Alumni Gold Medal Award, Rice University
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, Real Estate, Probate and Trust Section, Chairman, 00/1965 to 00/1966
- Administration of Justice Committee, Chairman, 00/1969 to 00/1970
- The Brown Foundation, Inc., Trustee and Vice-President, 00/1983 to 00/1990
- Rice University, Trustee Emeritus
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, 00/1964 to 00/2002
- Phi Delta Phi